But anyways, that's when I started my search for homemade facials, scrubs or cheap stuff I could buy from stores and turns out that wasn't that bad of an idea! Me and my sisters had alot of fun making all those facials and creams. I mean think of it, you do a shoulder and a neck rub for your friend and then she puts on masks on another friend and she gives you a manicure and so on and so forth, it's actually fun! or if you're too grossed out by the idea you could all do it on yourself! ever heard of "self serve" :P
Anyways, let's move on to the arrangements!
1. how many people you want there, yes! that does matter!! because if you'll just crowd your place up way too much then well it won't really be relaxing, so invite the much you can handle!
2. Inviting them: if you have spare time, then you could make or print out cards yourself and if not, just a casual call can be just enough :)
* and don't forget to ask them their skin types! and if they have any kind of allergies* this will help you prepare for the facials and masks.
2. "the soothing environment"
- Candles: buy some relaxing scented candles! dim the lights and just let the candles do the magic! few I like are lavender or vanilla scented! bath and body works have some new signature scents! i like the ice wonderland ones, plus they are on sale too right now!
- Music: You can actually buy relaxing music dvds or just download some! pick jazz or a low keyed songs or even just piano, violen or guitar playing! but get prepare before hand!
- Flowers! bunch of fresh orchids in a vase, need i say more?
- Other: make sure you have empty space for this! have big bright cushions for them to sit or lie on and don't forget the black stones! it'll give them a feel of a real spa salon!
3. Now comes the fun part! arranging all the things that you'd be using for manicures, pedicures, masks, facials, rubs, massages etc!
- option 1 is you could higher professionals and have them take care of it completely!
- option 2 is you arrange everything yourself ( which is THE fun part actually)
*I think i'm going to write a saparate blog for young girls' themed "spa party" where I'll mention all the other fun things they can do*
Anyways, first figure out how many activities or work you want? like if you want manis and pedis or just facials and masks and rubs or just massages and remember don't stress about making them really professional! you're just trying to host a fun, soothing and pampering day, so it can be in any form really!
- Manis and pedis: Try giving a call to your local nail salons and see if they are available off hours or have some specialists come over, try and negotiate a cheap rate! they might agree! or you could just get some cuticle and hand creams for hands and warm water with feet scrubs and cream for feet along with your nail colors collection! and tada!!
- Massage: again, it'd be nice to have a pro do what they're best at. This option is not necessary but it's better if you just have the massage therapist do the work! Try to search for a massage therapist school near you and chances are there must be some theapist learning their work and looking for practice!
- Facials and Scrubs: So there are tons of way you can treat yourself with! make a trip to your closest departmental store and see if any facials or scrubs are on sales! I like the ones that come in sachets! so every different kind of skin can be treated the way they deserve!
here are some website that can help you with making your own facials :
remember not to forget slices of cucumbers and potatoes(which is actually really good for you darks circles)
The most common mask, that I use alot to make my skin more soft is honey and lemon mask.
take 2 spoons of honey and squeeze half a lemon! mix it up, rub it on your face and keep it on for about 10 min!
the honey helps make your face more soft and the lemon helps in brightening and fixing the decoloration of your skin!
I think I wrote way too much as it is. . . so chaos for now!!